Under Graduation Courses
- The department offers Livestock Production Management course Comprising of Paper-I (Unit-I, II, III, IV & V) and Paper-II (Unit VI, VII, VIII & IX) to Ist year B.V.Sc. & A.H. students as per MVSE 2016 guidelines. The Course is 4+2 Credit hours and currently 100 students of Ist year B.V.Sc. & A.H. are enrolled in this course.
- The department is also involved in the teaching of Livestock Farm Practice (LFP) Course, Veterinary Internship and Entrepreneurship training (Broiler Production) for B.V.Sc. & A.H. students as per MVSE 2016 guidelines.
Post Graduate Degree Courses
- The department offers M.V.Sc. and PhD. courses in the field of Livestock Production Management. The department is offering Master of Veterinary Sciences (M.V.Sc.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Livestock Production Management.
- The department is also involved in the teaching of VLDD-IV Course (Introduction to Livestock and Poultry Management) of 2+1 credit hours.
The thrust areas of research are:
- Production of superior germplasm (buffalo) through progeny testing.
- Development of various buffalo production and management modules for different category of dairy farmers for efficient rearing of livestock.
- To find out alternatives/unconventional feeds to commonly used feed resources for buffalo and poultry.
- To work out herbal alternatives to antibiotics as growth promotors in livestock and poultry.
- Ameliorate the environment stress on animals via micro climatic modification.
- Explore Innovative methods of livestock waste utilization to increase the farmer income as well as lessen the environment pollution.
- Study of animal behavior (ethology) to enhance animal production.
- Explore the use of IRT (infra-red thermography) in animal production and management.