“Strengthening of Sentinel Surveillance Sites” under National One Health Programme for Prevention and Control Of Zoonoses, National Centre for Disease Control, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India since October 2022.
Nodal Officer : Dr. Rajesh Chhabra
Co-PI : Dr. Mahavir Singh
State Plan & Non Plan Research Schemes
1. Etiology and diagnosis of mastitis and infectious abortion in animals.
2. Strengthening of Veterinary College Central Laboratory
Self-Finance/Revolving fund Schemes:
- To provide services for microbial and serological diagnostics services related to mastitis, abortion and sexually transmitted diseases and other clinical conditions in domestic animals.
Completed Projects :
- Efficacy of mastacure in treatment of mastitis cases in cows and buffaloes (2002-03) funded by M/S Gurudev Veterinaries, Sirsa, Haryana
- To evaluate immune response of Mastacure, a homeopathic medicine in mastitic animals (2004-05) funded by M/S Gurudev Veterinaries, Sirsa, Haryana
- Testing of Sheep Flock for Brucellosis (2004-12) funded by Ministry of Agriculture, Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Govt. of India
- Screening of laboratory animals of Ranbaxy (2005-12) funded by Ranbaxy Research Laboratories, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Efficacy of Amoxyrum forte andits comparison with other antibiotics in clinical and sub clinical cases of mastitis in cows and in buffaloes (2006-07) funded by M/S Glaxo Pvt. Limited, Mumbai
- Sub clinical and clinical mastitis in buffaloes and cows : Diagnosis, prevalence, etiology and control in Haryana state (2009-12) funded by RKVY, Govt. of Haryana
- Development of S99 antigen based Fluorescence Polarization Assay for detection of Brucella antibodies (2012-16) funded by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India
- Awareness and implementation of mastitis control programme at door step of farmers of Haryana to augment quality milk production (2017-20) funded by RKVY, Govt. of Haryana.
- Establishment of molecular diagnostic facilities and strengthening of sero-monitoring activities for Foot and Mouth disease, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia and Brucellosis in Haryana (2017-20) funded by RKVY, Govt. of Haryana.